Getting Your Business Started Online
Show you how to develop a strong, fully functioning, scalable web presence
This course is created for businesses that do not currently have a web presence or a new web presence. This course will show you how to develop a strong, fully functioning, scalable web presence -- NOT just a website. In this course you will learn:
- About the components that make up a web presence, website, and web page
- What ingredients are included in the formula of a successful web presence
- How to select the best domain name and domain extension for your website
- About the types of website you can create and learn which one is best for your needs
- About content management systems and discover the best CMS tool for your website
- How to select a website hosting package and find the best website hosting company
So what is a web presence and how do you create one? This course is the answer to that question. The objectives of this course are to:
- Give a brief historical overview of the Internet and how it came to be
- Describe the components of a website and a web presence
- Explain what a content management system is and how it can be used to develop your website
- Uncover the mysteries of website hosting, and explain what you should look for in a website hosting package
This Course Includes
- Video or audio instruction with text transcript (you will access the 6-week course one week at a time, pace yourself)
- Live chat session with the instructor
- A private Facebook Group with additional resources posted regularly
- Free webinars
- Regularly updated content
- Resource links and examples
This course is perfect for anyone in business who is interested in expanding your company's reach and influence on the Internet. This is a introductory level course.
Get started now!
Hi! I'm Jessica Davis, it's nice to meet you.
I’ve spent the past 15 years working in the digital strategy industry. While I began my career in website design, my passion has always been to help businesses expand their reach through web-based strategic thinking.
Throughout my career I’ve worked in several capacities across many verticals including digital marketing, usability, social media, and web analytics. This unique experience mix allowed me to connect the dots between these industries and create customized strategies that work for individual organizations.
And there you have it, me in a nutshell. I invite you to take a look at the course curriculum and sign-up. Let me help you be successful!